Surrey Hospital Foundation is looking for a resourceful and experienced Annual Giving fundraiser to join our team.
• Builds and manages a portfolio of potential donors capable and inclined to give up to $1,000 annually. Designs and implements appropriate cultivation, solicitation, stewardship, and retention activities.
• Develops and proposes strategies for solicitation of gifts, including determining ongoing relationship with prospect/donors, recommending specific purpose and level of gift/s, identifying those to be involved in cultivation and subsequent solicitation, and ensuring solicitations are carried out.
• Develops a network of peers in order to gain insight into giving trends and benchmarking data.
• Working with internal teams, grows the giving program utilizing the Foundation’s comprehensive direct mail, email and multimedia strategies. Compile annual reports and analysis of activities.
• Identifies a pool of current, past, and lapsed donors capable and inclined to give. Cultivates and solicits unrestricted support. Develops giving segmentation strategies and executes in order to group donors for face-to-face or direct mail solicitation.
• The Annual Giving Coordinator is responsible for delivery of recognition benefits for all donor levels, including our Grateful Giving, Community Champions, In-Memory, Tribute, and monthly donor programs.
• Maintain accurate and current data, records, and reports including scheduled reporting for executive team and Board of strategy, plans, and progress.
• Collaborate with and support others on the fundraising team on projects, as required.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
• Strategic thinking with experience in successfully managing donor or customer relationships.
• Minimum of two (2) years in a fundraising role, with a successful track record of customer management and relationship building.
• Past roles which demonstrate your attention to detail and strong follow-through.
• Excellent computer skills including MS Office and basic database management. Experience working with Raiser’s Edge software is an asset.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• The ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment while being able to prioritize and multitask.
• Self-motivated and results-oriented.
• This is a full time, in house position based at the SHF office located at Surrey Memorial Hospital.
• Valid driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle is required.
Excellent benefits through Fraser Health plan, including extended health, dental, life insurance, and pension. Four weeks of vacation to start.