Job Title: Manager, Corporate and Community Partnerships
Surrey Hospitals Foundation is the largest non-government funder of health care for families in Surrey and the surrounding Fraser Valley communities.
Thanks to the generosity of donors, we are able to help fund every one of our region’s major health facilities including Surrey Memorial Hospital, Jim Pattison Outpatient Care and Surgery Centre. We also support and fund the Czorny Alzheimer Centre, along with many specialized community programs for newborns, children, adults and seniors. Our Surrey health care campus provides health care for the whole family, from birth to end-of-life.
Surrey Hospitals Foundation is looking for a resourceful and experienced corporate fundraiser to join our team.
- Serve as the lead relationship manager in the day-to-day cultivation and stewardship of all corporate partnerships, in coordination with executive level contacts.
- Develop strong cultivation and stewardship tools / approaches that are considered best practice in the field or market niche as related to engagement strategies.
- Collaborate with other fundraising channels to execute strategies for revenue generation and partnership promotion.
- Work closely with the senior team to support processes for cultivation of corporate partnerships, including proposal strategies.
- Identify opportunities for growth and expansion within existing relationships through the Community Champions program, including delivery of the benefits.
- Initiate and secure corporate partnerships focusing on partnerships with a minimum value of $10,000 annually.
- Secure meaningful meetings/calls with companies across a range of sectors.
- The Manager will be responsible for serving as the leader of the Foundation’s third party fundraising. In this role, the Manager will work with the Marketing team to create the necessary marketing materials and will standardize, as much as possible, our approach to third-party events.
- Maintain contact with existing event organizers to assess their interest or appropriateness to undertake another event.
- Research existing and future third-party events and ask organizers, if appropriate, to consider SHF as their future recipient.
Education and Experience
- Strategic thinking with experience in successfully managing all aspects of corporate partnerships.
- Minimum of five (5) years in a fundraising role, with a successful track record identifying, cultivating and stewarding corporate partnerships at the $10,000+ level.
- A successful track record of relationship management that is organized and detail-oriented with strong follow-through.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office and basic database management. Experience working with Raiser’s Edge software is an asset.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment while being able to prioritize and multitask.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented.
- This is a full time, in house position based at the SHF office located at Surrey Memorial Hospital.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle is required.
Excellent benefits through Fraser Health plan, including extended health, dental, life insurance, and pension. Four weeks of vacation to start.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume and cover letter to Meghan Thibodeau at