Reporting to the COO, the Database Manager is responsible for the overall gift processing functions and activities in a timely and accurate fashion using Raiserʼs Edge NXT database systems. The Database Manager will maintain the performance, integrity and security of the data, assist with planning, upgrading and troubleshooting of the database, and development of policies and procedures related to the use of database systems. Perform regular and ad-hoc data processing, reporting and analysis. Implement and adhere to the donor journey for the Foundation.
• Responsible for processing and receipting gifts timely, completely, and accurately using Raiserʼs Edge software and Raiserʼs Edge NXT;
• Reconciles gifts processed in Raiserʼs Edge with bank statements. Delivers the reconciled report to COO on a monthly basis;
• Searches for and leads continuous improvement initiatives. Keeps abreast of industry standards and best practices by monitoring trends in the philanthropic sector with a focus on major gifts and prospect research, privacy legislation, CRA, etc; shares and implements findings, where relevant.
• Keeps database operational and up to date to support other operational and fundraising functions and activities, including entering constituent information, and properly coding gifts in terms of GL, appeal, campaign, and funds and solicit codes, ensuring integrity and security of information stored;
• Generates queries, lists, dashboards and reports using Raiser’s Edge for various operational and fundraising functions, including data mining required for cultivation and stewardship projects, direct mail packages, donor recognition, prospect and donor research, and auditing and financial reporting;
• Understands donor stewardship best practices and is able to create prompt, engaging donor acknowledgment communications and processes;
• Performs other related duties as required;
• Maintains database integrity; installs upgrades and performs duplicate record checks to ensure data is of high quality;
• Assists with the development and implementation of policies and procedures related to database systems and compliance requirements, ensuring proper documentation, in accordance with the rules, regulations and guidelines of the Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA);
• Advanced and current proficiency in Raiserʼs Edge and Raiserʼs Edge NXT (especially pertaining to gift records and gift processing), knowledge of Luminate Online is an asset;
• Strong organizational and administrative skills with the ability to establish efficient work processes and systems;
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify, resolve and troubleshoot database issues;
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy in data entry;
• Ability to train, direct and lead colleagues in the area of gift processing;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work and communicate effectively and tactfully, verbally and in writing, with donors and with people at all levels, internal and external to the organization;
• Ability to work under pressure and produce high quality accurate work in a timely manner;
• Strategic and creative thinking, lifelong learner, always looking to update and improve skills, systems, and processes;
• Flexible, ability to adapt well to change, and prioritize;
• High level of professionalism, with an ability to work effectively with minimal supervision;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, a collaborative working style;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel ); Current knowledge of CRA, PCI, Privacy regulations and policy.
• Graduation from a recognized diploma program in business management or related field, supplemented by courses in computer science or internet-based applications plus five (5) years+ database experience preferred, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Excellent benefits through Fraser Health plan, including extended health, dental, life insurance, and pension. Four weeks of vacation to start.
Qualified and interested applicants are invited to send a cover letter and resume to Meghan Thibodeau
. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.