Surrey Hospitals Foundation is the largest non-government funder of health care for families in Surrey and the surrounding Fraser Valley communities.
Thanks to the generosity of donors, we help fund every one of our region’s major health facilities including Surrey Memorial Hospital and the Jim Pattison Outpatient Care and Surgery Centre. We also support and fund the Czorny Alzheimer Centre, along with many specialized community programs for newborns, children, adults and seniors. Our Surrey health care campus provides health care for the whole family, from birth to end-of-life.
Surrey Hospitals Foundation is looking for a resourceful and experienced Development Manager to join our team. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Development Manager will build relationships and manage a portfolio of 150+ corporate and corporate foundation donors. The Development Manager will have strong communication, administrative, organization, and relationship-building skills, engage supporters in the work of Surrey Hospitals Foundation, ask for monetary donations to support our cause, and help tell our story to demonstrate the impact of donor dollars.
The Development Manager will have a particular interest in working with corporate donors and enjoy public speaking and making presentations to groups in the community. The role will be keen to receive donor strategy advice from team members and will take the initiative to move forward with suggested donor actions. The Development Manager will make a difference in our communities by supporting exemplary care and clinical excellence. The annual financial goal associated with this position will be $750,000 -$1,000,000+.
- Serve as the lead relationship manager in the engagement, cultivation and stewardship of corporate partnerships inclusive of sponsorships
- Identify opportunities for growth and expansion within existing relationships through the Community Champions program, including delivery of the benefits
- Initiate and secure corporate partnerships and signature event sponsorships with a minimum value of $10,000 annually
- Communicate with corporate donors through in-person meetings, virtual meetings, phone calls, and written avenues including mail and email
- Represent Surrey Hospitals Foundation through face-to-face presentations in the community at donor events and meetings
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of five years experience with fundraising and donor relations
- Strategic thinking and experience in successfully managing all aspects of corporate partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to solicit major gifts by creating tailored donor proposals/grants and intentionally and successfully soliciting $10K+ gifts through strategic moves management processes
- Professional communication with the ability to clearly articulate with accuracy, creativity, and persuasiveness both internally and externally
- Relationship management skills in establishing and cultivating strong, positive, relationships with individuals internally and externally
- Degree in a related field such as Communications, Business or Non-Profit Studies
- Specialized education such as a master’s degree, certificate in Fundraising Management or CFRE training considered an asset
- Donor database experience, preferably in Raisers Edge/NXT
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, and Word
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment while being able to prioritize and multi-task
- Skilled at strategic one-to-one major gift work with donors, navigating complex scenarios that require self-directed decision-making
- Skilled at communicating Surrey Hospitals Foundation’s mission, interests, and impact and making compelling cases for support in written and verbal formats
- Comfortable with public speaking and making presentations to a diverse range of donors
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a supportive team environment
- Big picture thinker with attention to detail
- An interest in philanthropy and learning new skills
- This is a 12-month, full-time contract position
- This position is in-house at the Surrey Hospitals Foundation office located at Surrey Memorial Hospital
- Valid driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle is required
- Must provide evidence of full courses of Health-Canada approved vaccinations prior to starting their first shift
Please send resume and cover letter by email to Maria.email@example.com with the heading: Development Manager, Corporate (Maternity Leave)
The deadline to apply is Monday, June 19th.
Surrey Hospitals Foundation actively encourages all qualified individuals to apply, including those with historical and/or current barriers to equity. We are committed to upholding and fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workplace and strive to reflect in our team the diversity of the region that we and our health care facilities serve. We value the contributions and experiences that each person brings and welcome those who can further contribute to the rich diversification of knowledge and skills at our Foundation.