DID YOU KNOW
• Surrey Memorial Hospital provides specialty surgical services in Plastics, Thoracic, Retinal, Urology, ENT (ear, nose, throat), Gynaecology, General Surgery, Ophthalmology, and Orthopedics.
• Over 70 surgeons represent all ten areas of specialty, and they performed 21,240 surgeries in 2019; Surrey Memorial Hospital is the busiest surgical venue in the entire Fraser Health region.
• Of those 21,240 surgeries, more than 60% were related to cancer; 1,200 surgeries were performed on children.
• Ten operating rooms will be revitalized with state-of-the-art equipment and technology. Four of the operating rooms have already been renovated, with others on the way.
• We will be investing $10 million towards this project; $5 million for the revitalization including new technology, and $5 million in order to recruit and retain the best surgical talent.