We are unstoppable in our commitment to our COVID-19 patients, our community and our front line workers.
ON THE FRONT LINES OF A PANDEMIC
Surrey Memorial Hospital is one of the busiest COVID-19 treatment centres in Canada, and it needs as much assistance as we can provide. Funding provided by Surrey Hospitals Foundation has supported and will continue to support the Hospital and front line staff with immediate and ongoing needs throughout the pandemic.
YOU HAVE ALREADY MADE AN IMPACT:
• A COVID-19 research infrastructure has been established.
• The Hospital is providing COVID-19 patients with TVs as well as supplying digital tablets to make it easier for families and patients to communicate with one another.
• During the first phase of COVID-19, you helped provide hard working front line staff with more than 100,000 snacks, 13,500 meals and 8,400 cups of donor-supplied coffee and tea.
• Funds generously donated by our community have allowed the Hospital to acquire over 50 additional pieces of important equipment such as
o Portable ultrasound machines for the Intensive Care Unit
o Vein finders for the Emergency Department
o Stretchers and stretcher chairs
• $175,000 has been invested into COVID-19 research relating to vaccines and patient rehabilitation.