We are unstoppable in our commitment to our COVID-19 patients, our community and our front line workers.
ON THE FRONT LINES OF A PANDEMIC
Surrey Memorial Hospital is one of the busiest COVID-19 treatment centres in Canada, and it needs as much assistance as we can provide. Funding provided by Surrey Hospitals Foundation has and will continue to support the Hospital and front-line staff with immediate and ongoing needs throughout the pandemic.
YOU HAVE ALREADY MADE AN IMPACT:
A COVID-19 research infrastructure has been established. We have invested $175,000 to support 24 current research studies taking place at Surrey Memorial Hospital, along with the establishment of the Surrey Memorial Hospital Clinical Research Unit.
Funds generously donated by our community have allowed us to acquire over 100 additional pieces of important equipment such as
- Portable ultrasound machines used by Respiratory Therapists when intubating COVID patients
- Vein finders to establish lines and administer medicine to critically ill patients as quick as possible
- Defibrillators to help restart the hearts of patients in cardiac arrest
- UVGI robot for thorough ultraviolet cleaning of the hospital
- 10 Optiflow monitors which deliver oxygen to COVID-19 patients without intubation – one of the first sites in Canada to receive this innovative technology
- 3 transportation monitors for COVID-19 patients
- Stretchers and stretcher chairs
We have provided COVID-19 patients with TVs as well as supplied digital tablets to make it easier for families and patients to communicate with one another.
During the first phase of COVID-19, you helped provide hard working front line staff with more than 100,000 snacks, 13,500 meals and 8,400 cups of donor-supplied coffee and tea.